Search This Blog

Friday 19 October 2012

The more things change the more they stay the same


I visited Hull awhile ago taking my Nephew to see some of the museums and catch up with the city after leaving its University last year. Not much has changed but I took my camera and got a few nice snaps of some landmarks, you know statues and churches the usual tourist targets. However just a little ways from the car park I near the local Jobcentre I  noticed quite a weird sight, right next to the Jobcentre was a phone-box only unlike all the other phone boxes which were cream coloured (Hull was never added to the old British Telecom network and so has its own telecommunications monopoly Kingston Communications). You see this phone box was the closest box to the home of Olympic Boxing Golden boy Luke Campbell and apparently no one found it strange to paint a phone box primarily used by those on the Dole bright gold. It reminded me of a famous picture of the Great Depression.

                                The 1930's




                               The 2010's
My DA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts